- All buyers must register before having the ability to bid. Registration involves entering a valid credit card number to verify the authenticity of the person.A $1.00 hold will be placed on your account which will disappear after a few days. There is no cost to register.
- All bids placed form a binding contract and no bids can be removed for any reason once they are entered.
- All items are photographed and described with detail and any visible damage will be highlighted. It is advisable to use the viewing day to examine the items to verify they meet with your standards. Everyone has a different tolerance for levels of wear and tear and it is your responsibility to inspect items for this as normal wear and tear is not considered damage and will not be part of the description. All sales are final.
- All winning bids are subject to a 10% buyers premium as well as HST of 13% and will be added to the final prices realized once the auction has concluded.
- Buyers are expected to pick up all items during the designated time period and payment can be made at that time by Cash, Debit, Visa or MC. If you cannot attend during the designated time, arrangements must be made for an alternative pickup. If we have no contact from you and you do not pick up your items, they will be deemed abandoned and your credit card will then be charged for the item.
- Bidders have the ability to place a bid for the maximum amount they are willing to pay for the item and the software will bid up to that maximum value by proxy. No one is able to see your maximum bid and no proxy bids will be placed unless you are outbid by another bidder. This is a very private and secure way to bid without having to monitor the auction continuously and is highly encouraged to prevent disappointment.
- All auctions will end with a "Soft Close" which means that if any bids are placed during the final minute of the auction, an additional 3 minutes will be added to the auction to allow any final bids to be placed. This will continue until there are no new bids during the final minute.
- We will attempt to have boxes and paper available during pick up but this is not guaranteed and you should bring your own packing materials. If you are picking up any large items, you are expected to bring your own help.
- Because Canada Post will not insure for breakage, we WILL NOT ship breakable items and we WILL NOT ship extra large items either. We will ship other items at the bidder's expense including the postage fee, shipping materials and a handling fee. Bidders can also make their own arrangments to have a shipper such as UPS pick up their items if it is something we are not willing to handle.
- Consignments will be accepted at the sole discretion of Quinte Auction Service and any items that we feel lack the quality or collectabilty to attract bidder interest will be refused.
- Consignors will pay a commisson based on a sliding scale of final selling price per item as follows:
- Under $50 – 30% ($1.00 minimum commission)
- $50 to $500 – 25%
- $501 to $2000 – 20%
- $2001 to $5000 – 15%
- Over $5000 – 10%
- Quinte Auction Service will organize, photograph, catalog and conduct the online auction. We WILL NOT clean items. If items are not in clean saleable condition, they will be refused.
- All consignors will be paid within 2 weeks of the end of the auction.